Grey as a mouse,
Big as a house,
Nose like a snake,
I make the earth shake,
As I tramp through the grass;
Biggest of all,
Huge, old and tall.
If ever’d you meet me,
You wouldn’t forget me.
If you never do,
You won’t think I’m true;
But old Oliphaunt am I,
And I never lie.
– Sam Gamgee, Lord of the Rings
as you may all know, I have been around Elephants a lot lately.
I never knew that I would ever feel such attraction towards them. ...and that at age 52...
Elephants are magnificent Animals. They not only have a very sharp memory but also a very sharp intelligence.
If anyone wants to know what elephants are like, they are like people, only more so.
India has lost it's glory by ignoring the need to co-habit and co-exist with our ecosystem.
Animals are not just bundles of instincts to those who come to know them intimately; rather, each is an individual with personal likes, dislikes and quirks.
Laksmipriya, our Elephant here in Mayapur will become Sri Sri Radha Madhava's new servant. She will be carrying their Lordships on her back during Their weekly processions through out the winter month.
The Mahouts say that Laksmipriya is ready to start her service this coming Rasa Purnima.
For the pleasure and company of Laksmipriya, a new Elephant friend will soon arrive in Mayapur by the name Vishnupriya.


No comments:
Post a Comment