I immediately agreed to the terms, which was that we pay for the bricks, sand cement and stone chips and they pay for the Labour, the gas line and connections and provide a bio-gas stove.
The two workers stayed at our place for 5 days and practically worked for 10 hours in the hot sun until the tank was done.
I was very impressed how fast this man could do this job.
Now all we had to do was fill the tank with an equal amount of cow dung and water. For the gas to keep flowing, it needs two buckets of dung and two buckets of water per day. We have no problem with that. Our cows kindly provide the dung for free to us.
Gobar gas is produced by mixing cow dung with water & making it into slurry. This slurry is then kept in the fermentation tank were it is acted upon by anaerobic bacteria in the absence of oxygen. After 15 to 30 days methane would be produced.
Yesterday, for the first time, I prepared our Lunch on the new Bio-gas stove. The flame we are getting is very high compared to the conventional butane gas from the bottle. This makes fast cooking.
It’s about to produce the rest-of-India LPG cylinder.
Bug-proof, water proof, plaster for walls and floors.
We’re talking dung here. Not waste, but wealth:
Cheap, available, unavoidable.
Cows are very useful animals.
Hare Krishna!
Love,
Mama

3 comments:
Wow. That's pretty cool. I know we had the idea to get one for a while and now you have it.
so does it work everyday now ?
Yes, it is working great!
since we started using it i am not using the other stoves any more
I do not have to!
the flame is very strong and the food gets cooked very fast!
It is a even flame. We made a small drain on the other end, so the slush can drain out into the existing drain.
I am a bit proud of this accomplishment.
Love,
mama
Post a Comment