12 July 2010

Working in Manali

Right, so I'm working in Manali now, and man, what a trip.

started out with a car ride from Mayapur to Burdwan, which was uneventful.

Then it was a 30-hour train ride on kalka-mail.

the train ride was rather boring, but I did attempt to plug in my computer into the wall, that was a bad idea, a circuit breaker was blown, and we couldn't use the plugs for the rest of the trip.

we arrived in C at 4am, where we met up with vrajkumar. (He drove the distance by car)

Here's everybody that took the trains but me:
After that, it was another car ride. this one promised to be very long.
Here's our convoy, sorta:

We stopped for Alu parathas along the way:

There were dizzying drops, which were too much for the camera, which promptly ran out of batteries:

Many hours later, I was finally able to get more batteries, at a place called Kooloo. we stopped there to relax a bit.

There were some weeds growing there than some people I know would be interested in:

On the road again:


We finally reached the house we booked, and this is the view we got:

And this is the actual house:


and this is my room:


and HOLY SHIT! WHAT IN GOD'S NAME ARE THOSE THINGS? ARE THOSE SUPPOSED TO BE MOSQUITOES?


And finally, because I like panoramas, a panorama:


And finally finally, a picture of me:

2 comments:

Garuda said...

Hey Japa I'm really happy for you. It looks like a really nice place. Keep us updated.

MOM said...

thank you for the nice pictures, Japa.
call me sometimes.